We're having a bit of an issue with the placenta, which is why I keep having ultrasounds to get it monitored, because it's attached low instead of high in the uterus. Fortunately, it's not low enough to be placenta previa, but it is low enough to cause potential problems during labor and delivery. It's not at the point where the doctor thinks a c-section should be planned, but it does put us at a higher risk for one if it moves lower or if it becomes detached. I REALLY want to do a natural birth, and we have put a lot of time into preparing for one, so it's a little tough for me to be accepting of the possibility of c-section. Obviously, the most important thing is to get the baby out safe and sound, so I'm trying to look at the bright sides to a c-section... especially since the baby turned from the head-first position she's been in since the week 20 ultrasound, to a breech position yesterday. I know she still has plenty of time to turn back to the head-first position, and that the doctor can try to fix it if she doesn't do it herself, but I was really sad most of today thinking that a c-section seems to becoming more and more of a possibility. Not to mention that I'm way more uncomfortable since she turned because her kicks are capable of delivering a lot of pain when they hit things like my bladder and cervix, which were only receiving mild punches before now. I just didn't know how good I had it while she was head-down!
On a brighter note, one thing that has made me really happy lately is seeing how excited Stephen is getting about the baby's impending arrival. Last week we had our childcare class, and I was so proud of him for practicing changing a diaper, giving a bath, swaddling, and holding a baby. The man sitting next to him is expecting twin boys and refused to practice any of the baby care stuff! I feel so sorry for his wife! I think these classes have really helped us both to feel more confident about taking care of a baby. A couple of days after the class, our friends Judd and Rachel came to stay with us for a couple of nights with their adorable eight-month old daughter, Camila, and it was really nice for us to spend time with another baby before having one of our own. Stephen did such a good job with her, too. He played guitar for her and had fun helping her try to walk. He's going to be such a good father!
Wow, I'm sorryy to hear that you might have a c-section! But, on the bright side, there could be worse things. The most important thing is that you have a healthy baby girl. You're almost there! Those pictures of Stephen and the baby are so sweet, I can't wait to see what you guys look like with your own baby. Anyways, keep your head up and I'll try to call you soon.
ReplyDelete~Jennifer
It is great to have a birth plan, and know what you want to happen on birth day, but also be prepared for the unexpected. It may not go as you have planned, but in the end it will all work out! It is amazing how the belly can still get bigger huh?
ReplyDeleteThat is so frustrating, but I know that it will all come together and work out for the best. I got the birth plan that I wanted and it was nowhere near what I had expected! I definitely feel blessed to have been able to experience it, but in retrospect I realize that it really would have been fine either way. I'm praying for you and the baby. And yes, the belly can somehow extend beyond human capacity and just gets bigger...and bigger...and bigger...lol
ReplyDelete