I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but this is the first time I've done a cake for Stephen since he turned 21. Because he just doesn't like desserts. But now that we have Bella, it seemed like we should do a birthday cake, just for fun, and luckily I found an angel food cake (the one kind of cake Stephen really likes) at the bakery and decorated it. Still, it was a little weird to be the only one singing happy birthday. I'm really looking forward to when Bella can help out with celebrations like this, because everything is so much more fun when you have an accomplice!
We're taking a trip this weekend to Smoky Mountain National Park in Tennessee and North Carolina to celebrate Stephen's birthday, my birthday (which is in a couple of weeks), and Bella's six month birthday! We've taken Bella on four out-of-state trips before, but they all consisted mostly of sitting in our relatives' living rooms. This will be her first real sight-seeing trip, and I'm a little anxious to see how it's all going to work out. But we're really excited about getting out of town and seeing some big mountains with beautiful fall color!
Oh my gosh I absolutley LOVE these pictures! What a cute happy little family. You look really pretty loreal and Bella looks ridiculously adorable in these 4 pictures. She's getting such great expressions. Love you guys! Have fun on your trip and I want to hear all about it! PS-Stephen looks like a great dad. Happy Bday Stephen!
ReplyDeleteEmily