Monday, November 8, 2010

Roly Poly

Look who's decided she LIKES being on her tummy!



Just a couple of weeks ago, Bella had no interest whatsoever in rolling onto her stomach. Then one morning I had her doing tummy time on MY tummy, and something clicked. She realized she had a cool point of view from what Stephen calls the "Sphinx" position. That night, she made two complete rolls on her own, conveniently timed while she was being viewed by Dad, Mema, and Sonya via Skype, and she's progressed quickly from there. Today she rolled all the way across a room! My child is suddenly mobile. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!



I am SO not mentally ready for this. What happened to the newborn phase?? How is it over already? Can someone stop the clock, please?!

The good news is that I no longer have to fret over whether she's getting enough tummy time since she is getting plenty on her own. The bad news is that I can't seem to get our house baby proofed fast enough! Electric outlets and wires are obvious targets, but there are other things that I never considered. For example, I'm not so sure that I want Bella gnawing on the coffee table legs and the bottom hem of our couch slipcovers, but that is exactly what she managed to do this afternoon. Bella is delighted with all of the new territories and objects that are now within her domain. She is no longer confined to the pink blanket I place her on, or the toys I hand to her. I am finding more uses for the word "no" in my daily rhetoric with her, but she is oblivious to its meaning, and just looks at me with an angelic smile and a sweet baby giggle.







Look how she's pushing her little butt up into the air... she's trying to push herself around on the floor already. No luck with that for her yet, but I just know she's going to be creeping and crawling WAY too fast, and I am about to start burning an extra 500 calories a day from a new workout called "The Bella Boogie Chase."

3 comments:

  1. Your posts always make me smile. :)
    Christan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does this remind me of my cats and my constant battle to keep them from eating everything in sight. Good luck! -- Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, beautiful Bella! It's funny, we've had a similar problem with Tilly recently... she can now roll onto her tummy, and that is the ONLY thing she wants to do. Thankfully, she's not crossing rooms yet, though! I can't believe how well-filled-out Bella looks now!

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!