Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ultrasound Elation

I'm at nine weeks now, and this week's ultrasound was so exciting for both of us. First we could see the baby's heart beating, and we heard it beating at 162 beats per minute. It was music to my ears! We could clearly distinguish the baby's body, head, legs, and arms. Then the baby put on a special show for us and started moving its body! I could have watched that for hours. Our baby measured 2.58 cm, which is about an inch. That's right on target for nine weeks, and confirms the due date for May 6, 2010! We are ready to tell our families about the baby now, but we aren't expecting to see them again for three more weeks! This is a tough secret to keep!

These pics from our second hike in Georgia, which will probably be our last hike for awhile =( I realized during this excursion that walking on uneven ground probably isn't the best thing for a preggers to be doing. I'm so thankful for all the hiking we did in the desert mountains while we lived in Arizona, which was infinitely more interesting than the hiking here anyways. I suppose it's time for SEC football game viewing (as in the Southeastern Conference, the college football conference for Auburn University along with all the other major teams in our region) to replace hiking as our favorite Saturday activity. Not such a bad activity, really, since all I've wanted to do is sit on the couch and yawn for the past month. This is the first time in my life that I have actually been excited about the idea of devoting my Saturdays to football. In my pre-pregnant life, I thought it was mostly a waste of time except to watch the big games. Now, it's the perfect excuse to recline on the couch and rest, and this is the only way I could possibly get Stephen to sit on the couch with me for hours at a time on a Saturday afternoon. Hurrah for the SEC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!