Tuesday, February 16, 2010

28 Weeks





We got several inches of snow in Athens this weekend. We loved watching the snow fall, it was mesmerizing and beautiful! This is the most snow I've seen this far south since the Blizzard of '93 (or was it '94?). It's surreal to see a Winter Wonderland in our yard!



Our little girl has been getting lots of love lately! We got this surprise in the mail from Sonya: a sweet, soft baby blanket she sewed herself (complete with a "Nana Ing" sewn signature!).



And Stephen's parents brought us four adorable baby outfits when they came to visit last weekend! (I promise I will quit posting pictures of every outfit we get! But do you see that denim skirt with little flowers embroidered into it? It's so cute!) This brings our grand total up to nine outfits... we're making progress!



Stephen and I had a sweet last Valentine's Day together before baby makes three. It would have been nice to go to a romantic gourmet restaurant for our last holiday, but I thought about how that one meal could buy the infant car seat we need, or three huge boxes of diapers, or one-third of a crib, so there was no nice restaurant this year. But we did have a good time making a "gourmet" meal at home, and it was actually really fun to make stuffed manicotti together. (Stuffing the shells is definitely a two person job!) I made a feta and kalamati salad to go with it while Stephen prepared some delicious bread from the bakery. And I made one of the only desserts Stephen really loves, cream cheese pound cake with blueberry topping, to finish things off. It was really, really nice to make a special meal at home together =)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are so cute!

    -kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. motherhood is going to suit you so well. i can already tell. I'm so happy and excited for you guys. Can't wait can't wait

    Love you!
    emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep posting pictures of every outfit! I can look at outfits for hours! lol

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!