Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

27 Weeks


My due date is less than three months away now and my to-do list is a mile long! We're trying to accomplish a ton of stuff before I get super-huge, super-uncomfortable, and super-tired, and also before Stephen's job gets super-hectic as the semester progresses.

My latest challenge has been trying to sift through all the baby stuff we need to start stocking up on soon. It's overwhelming and I feel totally lost in all the baby products! Many, many, MANY thanks to my fellow mommies Jenny, Amber, and Kristina, who have given me awesome suggestions and advice about what we will actually need. You guys are the best!!!

Stephen and I are taking classes once a week through February and March, and they have actually been pretty fun so far. Right now we're doing the childbirth classes, which have been extremely helpful already. I can't wait to take the rest of our classes, they make me feel so much better prepared and calm about everything that's about to happen.

We're also having company for the first time since we moved here. This weekend Stephen's parents made the five hour drive to visit us and we showed them where the hospital is. It's weird to think that the next time they'll be here to visit, we'll have a baby! My mom and her boyfriend are coming next weekend, and I'll be showing her where everything is in our kitchen, etc., since she's planning to come out and help us for several days after the baby is born.

We've also been busy trying to make room for the baby. It's amazing how much junk we've accumulated over the years! We've already made several trips to the Goodwill dropoff, I'm packing up the things we won't be needing anytime soon, and trying to make things as streamlined as possible around here so it will be easier for us when we're adjusting to having a baby around.

The most important thing that's been going on to prepare for the baby lately is that I've finally been exercising! Remember how I was having a hard time moving around a few weeks ago? I've been doing a lot of prenatal yoga, and it has helped tremendously. I'm already more mobile, more energetic, and have better balance and stamina and more strength. I'm feeling soooo much better now!

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute :) I am so glad that your mama can make it up to help you out after the baby comes! Of course, if you ever need an extra pair of hands you know that I can always be bribed with promises of baby snuggles to hop on a plane. Glad you are doing/feeling well.

    Miss ya, girlie! :) (Could really go for one of our long lunches at Magpies).

    XO,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute, petite little belly!

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!