Sunday, January 24, 2010

25 Weeks

My belly is so big now that people in public are starting to ask about the baby, and I'm not sure how much longer my non-maternity shirts (like this one) are going to be able to keep stretching with me!



Stephen and I went to a parenting and breastfeeding photography exhibit at a local art gallery that was also hosting an event with speakers from around the community today. It was nice to be around other like-minded parents. I'm beginning to get anxious about how this whole parenting thing is going to work, and it's good to know that there are supportive groups in Athens for the things I'm concerned about, especially since we live so far away from family and haven't made any friends with kids here yet who might be able to provide some support when we need it.

On a different note, UGA was recently chosen as one of the top 10 universities in the country to get "the best bang for your buck" based on the quality of education and price. It's still hard to believe that Stephen is actually teaching at such a well-respected university. We're hoping that he'll advance beyond the instructor position one day, but for now, this is the best opportunity he could have fresh out of grad school. We feel so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Your bump is enormous!!! What a great photo! I'm glad you've found some preggo-related things around Athens-- support groups will be a great way to meet people, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!