Monday, January 11, 2010

Explosion Time

23 Weeks


I am seriously exploding! I feel like a stuffed sausage, like my belly cannot accommodate all the things inside of it. All of a sudden, my appetite has skyrocketed and I feel like I can just eat and eat and eat. It's insane! Last week I made the mistake of going to the grocery store while I was a little hungry, and I came back home loaded down with pecan spinwheels, cinnamon rolls from the bakery, and a carton of ice cream. Guess who ate it all?? I've gained four pounds in one week! Obviously, it's time to quit keeping junk food within my reach, or I'm going to turn into an elephant by the time this thing is over. Stephen is going to have to be the grocery police from now on!

The baby is so big now that I can actually see my stomach moving when she does her daily acrobatics! But the mind-boggling thing is that in last 23 weeks, she has only gained a pound; yet in the next 17 weeks, she will be packing on the weight to gain about six pounds! I, on the other hand, will be gaining much more than six pounds. I absolutely want her to be a healthy weight, but it's overwhelming to think about how much bigger I'm going to get. My belly is already getting in the way... I can't bend over all the way anymore, it's hard to get up from couches, it's difficult to roll over in bed, and it's already getting harder to snuggle up to Stephen (which just happens to be one of my very favorite things to do). Last week I actually got stuck when I was rearranging the computer wires underneath a desk! When I get down on the floor, how I'm going to get back up from the floor is now a legitimate concern... what is it going to be like by next month, or in three months?!

4 comments:

  1. Oh honey, you have a long ways to go!!! The belly only gets bigger and bigger. It will surprise you what your body can handle! And, eat all you want, this is the only time that you will have a good excuse to do so. So, my advice, enjoy every second of it!!! And, you look adorable in the picture with your "big" belly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a cute belly shot! I love it!!
    P.S- i agree with amber, i would let yourself eat what you want. I don't think you'll have trouble losing the weight.

    Love you
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great photo! I'm so sorry to hear you got stuck under a desk (and sorry to admit I laughed at first when I read it, before thinking 'that'll be me in a few weeks!'). Eat, Eat, Eat! You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your belly is super cute! I agree with the ladies before me...eat whatever you want, when you want! I know that is not what the books say, but oh well...;) I trashed the calorie counts and food pyramid sometime around the 16th week and just tried to maintain a weight slightly below 800 pounds. lol. Most of the weight really is fluid and is going to fly off of you, so attack those cinnamon rolls without abandon!

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!