Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Preparing for Baby

24 weeks


For the longest time, it seemed like my due date was forever and ever away, but now May 6th seems like it's just around the corner, and I'm busily preparing for our little girl. I'm reading books about labor, signing up for childbirth and breastfeeding classes that will start next month, and we took our first hospital tour this weekend. I had another ultrasound today, and everything looks great for the baby. She weighs 1 lb. 9 oz., which is right on target for her age; her heartbeat is at 140, which is also good for her age; and the doctor said my amniotic fluid looks excellent. I love to get good reports about our baby!

We have not gotten much stuff for the baby yet, and I'm completely overwhelmed by all the things we are going to need! Wow! We were so excited to receive these great Christmas presents that were given to our little girl.



These are the first little outfits she received, given to us by Stephen's parents and aunts. They are adorable and it's comforting to know that we have something for her to wear now! She also got her first stuffed animal for Christmas, this adorable soft pink teddy bear, from Dad and Sonya. And she got her first toy, the monkey rattle, and a beautiful box for keepsakes from my mom.

I found a baby girl scrapbook that I absolutely love, also for Christmas via Aunt Jennifer, and I'm so excited to get it started for our baby!


(Btw, we're not naming our daughter Emily, it's just the default name that came in the scrapbook!)

I am in love with all the fun pieces that came with it. This is the first time I've used a scrapbook "kit," and I'm hoping that all the coordinating papers and embellishments are going to speed up the scrapbooking process!



Stephen and I are taking full advantage of our last months together before baby makes three. We are trying to go to the places that will be hard to go to once the baby gets here, like art museums and such. And there are so many great locally-owned restaurants we want to try out. This weekend we went to The Transmetropolitan, home of the delish "Hungry Sasquatch" pizza.



Speaking of food, I did not gain four pounds again last week, thank goodness! I cut back my ice cream consumption from a half-gallon per week to a pint per week, and got results! Lol. I cannot believe how hard it is getting to move around already-- I can really see how exercising regularly all along would have been helpful. Today Stephen and I walked around our hilly neighborhood and 15 minutes was all I could do-- I can't believe how out of shape I am! I'm trying to get back into exercising regularly; my goal is to do a little something each day alternating short walks with gentle prenatal yoga. I've done a little walking for three days in a row now, and feel so much better afterward. I keep hearing about how labor is the biggest marathon in life and I want to get better prepared for it!

3 comments:

  1. What cute things! How lovely that you've got some outfits and toys prepared already. And what a sweet scrapbook! I hope it'll cut down your scrapbooking time, too... hahaha! Glad everything's well with the baby. I'm so envious you got 'ultrasounded', though... I can't wait for my next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah! cute pregnant belly!

    -kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about your baby girl and I look foward to all your new posts! Have ya'll been thinking about names yet. Christan is such a wonderful name. :) ahahhahaha

    Christan

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!