Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just a Few More Hours to Go...

Almost there! Our surgeon is on call right now, so even if we don't make it through the night, everything will be okay! My mom will be here soon and poor Stephen is busy trying to "man clean" the house, after being at work all day and grading essays non-stop since Friday. It's hard not being able to help him! Yesterday I did too much and had lots of contractions, so Stephen doesn't want me to lift a finger today ("too much" was taking a shower and going to the doctor in one day). I just have to put a few more things on our birth plan (which may or may not go as planned at all, but we're hoping for the best) then back to the horizontal position.

The surgery is scheduled for 8:30 tomorrow morning, which means we have to be at the hospital at 6:30. I have no idea how we're going to be able to sleep tonight, I'm too excited and nervous to sleep! It's surreal to think that our little girl will be brought out into the world tomorrow... one minute she's inside, the next minute she's on the outside... it's almost unbelievable! I can't wait to hold her and give her lots of kisses, we can't wait to see what she looks like, and of course the main thing we're hoping for is that she will be healthy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I hope everything goes smoothly!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I can just imagine you having a lie in bed while Stephen 'cleans' the bathroom! That's probably just as much work as actually cleaning it yourself!
    Lovely to talk to you today... you sounded so calm and patient... I'm really in awe of you!
    I think I've only said it about a hundred times already, but once more: Good luck! We're thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tommorrow! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it. I'm so happy and excited for you guys. Love you!!!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!