Monday, April 12, 2010

Still Baking

Baby's still in there...the terbutaline pills, bedrest, and drinking TONS of water seems to be doing the trick for now... just hoping this will keep working a couple more days! We're having our last doctor's appointment tomorrow with Dr. Puplampu, the OB/GYN scheduled to do the c-section. She has been a great doctor throughout my pregnancy and I really feel good about her being our surgeon (it helps knowing that her undergrad degree is from Harvard and her father is a neurosurgeon!). I trust her to take good care of us.

Isabella is doing lots of stretching, rolling, and poking, and I think I am actually going to miss feeling her move around in my belly. One of my favorite sources of entertainment during bedrest has been watching and feeling her move around and playing the always-fun guessing game "Which body part is THAT?" (obviously, we don't have cable to keep me occupied!). Everything is still looking good for her-- good heart rate, good movement, good blood flow through the umbilical cord. The placenta is not in the right place but I'm thankful that it's still functioning well! As long as she's doing well, I'm happy.

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute "still baking" :) I'm glad you've been able to find something that works for you! I can't wait to see my new neice!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, good on you Bella for staying put for now! Only a few more days... you're doing great! And I LOVE the body-part guessing game! (And, the internal-organ guessing game, where I try to figure out whether that painful squishy thing being kicked is my bladder or kidney!)
    Thanks for calling yesterday... sorry I was working all day, but will try you today! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!