Wednesday, December 16, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Woohoo!!! We are SO excited that we're having a little girl!! I am already imagining decorating themes and thinking about teaching her how to scrapbook, cook, etc, etc... I can't wait! We spent most of our lunch talking about what kind of instruments and sports she might play, and of course we're thinking more about names, but we're not feeling a rush on that!

Today's anatomical ultrasound was amazing. I can not believe how much her body has developed already! She has a heart beat around 135 bpm and weighed about 12 oz, so everything is looking good for her so far! We got to watch all the different parts of her body being measured, everything from her head to her feet, and even got to watch the chambers in her heart pumping blood. It was so cool to see how much her spine has developed with all her ribs, and I loved seeing her little feet and her little nose!

Here's a couple of my favorite 3D pics from today! (They are kind of blurry in some areas where she was moving while the pictures were being taken, but you get the idea of what she looks like!)

Isn't is amazing that she already has fingers and facial features? (And don't worry, her ears are still forming and will keep moving up the side of her head until they're in the right place!)


I love how she looks like she is smiling in this one! I think she is just adorable already!

Stephen is so funny, he said he hopes she favors me instead of him-- I think he's afraid she might be born with a full beard! I think a girl favoring him would be beautiful, and I think she already has Stephen's adorable cheeks, they are poofing out in the second picture just like his do when he smiles!

So many people are stoked that we're having a girl, especially my mom, Stephen's mom, my sisters, my stepmom, my aunts, my girl friends... basically everyone who's a girl! Mom was ecstatic when I told her and she revealed that she'd been hoping it was a girl all along, and I get the feeling Stephen's mom was too, especially since she never got to have a daughter of her own. We are just so happy to know we have a little girl in there, and seeing those pictures of her today gives me new inspiration to eat well, exercise, and all those other things you're supposed to be doing during pregnancy. It's so great to be able to imagine her and to think about nourishing something as precious as her.

4 comments:

  1. Oh. I just cried through this entire thing. Happy tears, of course. How exciting! You are going to have sooooo much fun decorating the nursery and dressing her. You can put her in little frilly dresses and baby tights. I know! So impractical, but sooooo cute! She is so adorable already and I totally see what you mean about Stephen's cheeks! How fun.
    XO,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a big change in ultrasound quality from the early ones! I can't wait to catch up! And I'm so happy little baby Brooks is a girl... I think you'll have so much to show her, and be a perfect Mum. And hey, if you never get your life scrapbooked before she arrives, maybe she'll do it for you at some point!!
    Thanks so much for calling to tell me! I'll make sure to return the favour in 3 or 4 weeks!
    -Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the baby girl, just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. You look so cute. You are going to make a great mom.

    Thank for sharing.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!