Monday, December 21, 2009

Professor Brooks

Stephen is officially done with his first semester of teaching at the University of Georgia! Yay!!! He can finally take a break and relax now. This semester was a little tough since he taught twice as many classes as he did as a grad student, had 84 students, and had to re-work a lot of his class material to fit the UGA composition program. (And did I mention all the extra housework he had to do in addition to his paid work during my first trimester? He has been amazing!) Grading essays and homework assignments and holding multiple conferences with 84 students is no easy task, and he has been on one long grading marathon ever since the end of September, many nights having to grade until 11:00 or even to 1:00 in the morning, and he has spent every weekend grading as well, only taking breaks long enough to watch a football game or two. He deserves some time to relax!!

We have been very pleased with the results of his efforts. This semester he received the best student evaluations he's ever gotten before (almost all of his students rated him "above average" or "excellent"). And the administration has offered him extra courses to teach next semester in addition to those he's contracted for! I am especially thrilled about that, because it implies that they really like him and are happy with the work he has been doing... I know how hard he's been working, but it's really encouraging to know that his boss is recognizing that as well! I'm so proud of my professor!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Stephen! I had a student who had him for 101 in my 210 this summer and she couldn't say enough good things about him! :) Glad that he is liking his job.

    XO,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Doesn't Stephen look handsome?
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!