I felt the baby moving for the first time last night! Just as I was trying to go to sleep, I started feeling the sensations of it moving around, and it kept moving on and off for a couple of hours-- I think it's going to be an athlete! It was pretty hard to go to sleep after realizing that my body is really the host to another body. It's one thing to see the pictures of it, another thing entirely to actually feel it! I've been very curious about what it would be like-- the books say it feels like "butterfly wings" or like "gas rumbles." To me, it's feeling more like little gas rumbles, except they're noiseless and they keep happening over and over again in a location that is definitely within my super-sized uterus. I keep wondering what part of the baby's body I'm feeling and trying to imagine what it looks like moving around in there (is that a foot? Or an arm? Or the head?). Last night I told Stephen as I was feeling the first sensations of it, but by the time I was sure it was really moving, he was already snoring. This morning he was very happy and excited to hear about it. I can't wait until Stephen can feel the baby, too!
On a different note, the baby's ears have now formed enough for it to be able to hear! Time to start the music!
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you aren't a registered Google user, you can still leave a comment by using the "anonymous" option. Just put your name in the comment so that I know who left it! Thanks!